CSRX 573 at Fabyan Station
Certainly a "Notch" above the rest, catching a reborn F7A and a heritage GP7 at the western end point of a Mountaineer Excursion on September 18th.
Promoted as a "Special Railfan's Special" the Conway Scenic, owner of the 573 and the 470 Club, owner of the 4268 made this happen. During peak foliage season, Mountaineer Excursions are extended west past Crawfords to Fabyan Station at Bretton Woods where the runaround takes place.
CSRX 573 was built in September 1950 as Maine Central. 573. Through the Guilford years, it became D&H 573, then Springfield Terminal 27, then sold in the mid 1990s to Conway Scenic as #27, before getting correctly repainted and renumbered back to 573. 573 was known as "Mr. Miller's Engine", the preferred engine for use on MEC Office Car Specials. E.Spencer Miller, served as MEC President from 1952 to 1978.
Photographed by Jay Gadon, September 18, 2022.
Added to the photo archive by Jay Gadon, November 21, 2022.
Railroad: Conway Scenic.
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.