2678 in action at Didcot
Southern "Terrier" 0-6-0 side tank 2678 approaches the transfer shed at Didcot. This is the original 1832 built transfer shed, which was moved the few hundred yards to the railway from its original position. So called, from the early days of the Great Western Railway, when there was standard gauge and broad gauge, and this is where the two gauges met to transfer passengers or goods, from one line to the other.
Photographed by Adrian Brodie, October 23, 2021.
Added to the photo archive by Adrian Brodie, January 9, 2022.
Railroad: Didcot Railway Centre (uk).
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.