LV One-of-a-kind Baldwin
Although LV had a number of Baldwin steam locomotives and diesel yard switchers, its roster featured only a single BLW road unit, a non-MU-able DRS-4-4-1500 built in late 1948. Apparently #200 was delivered with a steam generator to handle passenger trains on Auburn Division branch lines in upstate NY. When Alco RS2s and 3s arrived a few years later, #200 was assigned to Sayre yard duty. #200 was retired after 24 years of service and traded in on a brand new GP38-2 in 1972. Here is a roster shot taken in Sayre yard in fall of 1970.
Photographed by John Barlow, 1970.
Added to the photo archive by John Barlow, January 18, 2021.
Railroad: Lehigh Valley.
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.