View Of Conrail from Owego & Harford Yard, Owego, NY - 1993
LVAL 1801 (RS18), owned by the Lackawanna Valley is resting between runs while working for the Owego & Harford in the former Lehigh Valley Auburn branch yard in Owego, NY as a westbound Conrail freight behind CR 5560 and CR 5537 (SD60M's) passes headed west of Conrail's former ERIE/EL mainline. The LV Auburn branch closely paralleled the ERIE from shortly east of its origin in Sayre to Owego; here it made a 90 degree turn north to head for Auburn and, in earlier times, on to North Fair Haven on the south side of Lake Ontario. The Owego & Harford operates the surviving portion of the line from Owego north 26.7 miles to Harford Mills, NY
Photographed by Warren Beckwith, June, 1993.
Added to the photo archive by Warren Beckwith, November 30, 2020.
Railroad: Owego & Hartford Railway.
|Warren Beckwith's awards:|
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.