Canadian National @ Strasburg, Pa.
Number 7312, also known as 31, was built by the Baldwin Locomotive Works in August 1908 for the Grand Trunk Railway as number 118. The 118 was renumbered 1708 in September 1919. In January 1923, the Grand Trunk Railway was merged into the Canadian National Railway. Three months after the creation of Canadian National, 1708 was renumbered 7157, a number the locomotive carried until February 1952, when it was renumbered 7240. In 1957, the locomotive received its final CN number of 7312. In July 1958, No. 7312 was retired at Stratford, Ontario, where it had been working as the shop switcher.
Photographed by Bruce Macdonald, August, 1979.
Added to the photo archive by Bruce Macdonald, November 16, 2020.
Railroad: Strasburg Railroad.
|Bruce Macdonald's awards:|
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.