Run by at Bridge 176.
Claremont & Concord's GE 70 tonner, number 9, emerges from the covered bridge crossing the Sugar River at Wright's. Number 9 heads an RRE excursion of 6 drop end gondolas , having folding chair seating. The 122 foot single span, is the shorter of the two covered bridges in the area, which still exist. It was built in 1871 and rebuilt in the 1890s.
Photographed by Ken Patton, May 21, 1961.
Added to the photo archive by Ken Patton, May 17, 2018.
Railroad: Claremont Concord.
|Ken Patton's awards:|
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.