The GreatRails North American Railroad Photo Archive
Previous Photo Photo of Branford Steam Railroad Next Photo
Branford Steam Railroad

Tilcon's six-mile quarry line in Branford, CT, was once known as the Branford Steam Railroad, and it operated 0-4-0 steam tank engines into the early 1960s. But in 1967 it was a trio of GE 44 Tonners that hauled the hoppers, as BSRR 5 and 3 waited out the weekend at the North Branford quarry. BSRR 5 at left was the former New Haven 0813, while #3 came from the Winona RR.

Photographed by Tom Nelligan, July, 1967.
Added to the photo archive by Tom Nelligan, March 13, 2018.
Railroad: Branford Steam Railroad.

Tom Nelligan's awards:

» Contact the person who posted this photograph.

Full-Sized image (1100 x 785)
Sharing this photo?

Use this "permalink" to avoid broken links:
Submit to Stumble Submit to Digg Submit to Google Bookmark Submit to Reddit Twit This

[Turn Ads Off]

Visitor Comments about this Photo:

No comments have been left yet.

You must be logged on to post comments.

Follow us on Facebook
News | About NERAIL | About Jeff | Contact Jeff | F.A.Q.'s | Privacy Policy | Other Great Sites
This site, excluding photographs, copyright © 2016 Jeff S. Morris. Photographs copyright © individual photographers, except as noted.