CNW Car 1886
Built in 1884 by the St. Louis Car Company for the Chicago North West's "Cowboy Line" to Lander, Wyoming. One of ten similar 60' cars. Saw service in suburban Chicago until 1961. The caboose was built in 1884 for the Burlington & Missouri River Railroad, which became part of the Chicago Northwestern. Built in Plattsmouth, Nebraska and operated until the 1950's.
Photographed by Elliott Hoffman, September 16, 2016.
Added to the photo archive by Elliott Hoffman, September 27, 2016.
Railroad: Chicago & North Western.
|Elliott Hoffman's awards:|
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.