The GreatRails North American Railroad Photo Archive
Previous Photo Photo of Bedford Freight House Next Photo
Bedford Freight House

In October 2008, contractors were at work renovating the interior of Bedford Freight House in Bedford, Massachusetts. The building is receiving new electrical, HVAC, mechanical and lighting systems, new windows and doors, new flooring, and a new cedar roof and siding.

Bedford Freight House started its life in 1877 as the Engine House for the two-foot-gauge Billerica & Bedford Railroad. Locomotives Ariel and Puck spent their nights side by side inside this space. After the B&B's demise, the Boston & Lowell Railroad acquired the building to become a freight shed.

Photographed by Friends Of Bedford Depot Park, Inc., October 24, 2008.
Added to the photo archive by James Shea, October 24, 2008.
Railroad: Billerica & Bedford.

» Contact the person who posted this photograph.

Sharing this photo?

Use this "permalink" to avoid broken links:
Submit to Stumble Submit to Digg Submit to Google Bookmark Submit to Reddit Twit This

[Turn Ads Off]

Visitor Comments about this Photo:

No comments have been left yet.

You must be logged on to post comments.

Follow us on Facebook
News | About NERAIL | About Jeff | Contact Jeff | F.A.Q.'s | Privacy Policy | Other Great Sites
This site, excluding photographs, copyright © 2016 Jeff S. Morris. Photographs copyright © individual photographers, except as noted.