HK Porter built December 1942. Built as United States Corps of Engineers No. 5019. Retired from US Army Service at Cateret, New Jersey in 1948. Purchased by Tredegar Iron works in Richmond, Va. Named the "Rebel" by the Albemarle Paper Company when they purchsed Tredegar in 1960. Donated to Old Dminion in 1969. Restored to service in 1982. This is the active switch engine for the NRHS Old Dominion chapter's Hallsboro yard
Photographed by Win Goodier, January 26, 2007.
Added to the photo archive by Winslow Goodier, January 29, 2007.
Railroad: NRHS Old Dominion Chapter.
|Winslow Goodier's awards:|
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.