The GreatRails North American Railroad Photo Archive
Photo of Allenstown Depot Next Photo
Allenstown Depot

Allenstown was the first major depot out of Suncook village. It was built in 1870, along the same lines as its sister depots at Short Falls, Epsom, and Chichester. In an effort to raise much needed funds to keep the little railroad going, the owners of the Blueberry Express sold the Allenstown depot around 1950. The depot was subsequently converted into a house, and for about two years, the new tenants experienced the roaring of the train within inches of their house, twice a day except Sunday.

Photographed by Nate Coggeshall-Beyea, March, 1998.
Added to the photo archive by Nate Coggeshall-Beyea, April 13, 2003.
Railroad: Suncook Valley.

» Contact the person who posted this photograph.

Sharing this photo?

Use this "permalink" to avoid broken links:
Submit to Stumble Submit to Digg Submit to Google Bookmark Submit to Reddit Twit This

[Turn Ads Off]

Visitor Comments about this Photo:

No comments have been left yet.

You must be logged on to post comments.

Follow us on Facebook
News | About NERAIL | About Jeff | Contact Jeff | F.A.Q.'s | Privacy Policy | Other Great Sites
This site, excluding photographs, copyright © 2016 Jeff S. Morris. Photographs copyright © individual photographers, except as noted.