Center Barnstead Engine House at Pittsfield
The story of the Center Barnstead engine house is a colorful one. After a devasting fire destroyed the original CB engine house in 1937, this replacement engine house was erected at CB. When the Suncook Valley officially abandoned the SV Extension between Pittsfield and CB in 1947, this engine house was moved down the tracks 5 miles from CB to Pittsfield, the "new" end of the line. As a fitting tribute to the railroad that once served this river valley, the engine house has a new life today as a childcare center known as the "Blueberry Express."
Photographed by Nate Coggeshall-Beyea, March, 1998.
Added to the photo archive by Nate Coggeshall-Beyea, April 13, 2003.
Railroad: Suncook Valley.
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.