Blue Line Under The wire
Cars like this were the original heavy rail subway cars that served for 50 years in East Boston Tunnel service. When service was extended from Maverick Square to Wonderland along the former BRB&L right of way in 1952, the line was powered by overhead catenary so pantographs had to be added to supplement 3rd rail pickup in the subway. These cars served for over 50 years thanks to the care of the personnel at the Orient Heights shops. We are viewing an inbound 4-car train from the pedestrian overpass at the Airport station.
Photographed by Ron DeFilippo.
Added to the photo archive by Ron DeFilippo, December 31, 2019.
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.