Park Square Station, Boston, circa 1900
This was the Boston passenger terminal of the Boston & Providence Railroad before completion of South Station in 1899, which combined terminals for several railroad lines entering Boston from the west and south into one "union" station. This location today is approximately where Park Plaza splits from Columbus Avenue, a block south of the Public Garden. The building was destroyed by fire around 1910. From "A Little Story of the Boston & Providence Railroad Company" by Charles E. Fisher (privately printed booklet, 1917). The B&P was leased by the Old Colony in 1888. The Old Colony, in turn, was leased by the New Haven in 1893.
Unknown photographer 1900.
Added to the photo archive by Dr. Richard Leonard, June 14, 2007.
Railroad: Old Colony Railroad.
|Dr. Richard Leonard's awards:|
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.